Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oct 27, 2009 - True North

I checked into the center on Sunday the 25th of October. I share a two bedroom apartment with another person who is on day 14 of an 18 day water fast. He looks GREAT. The interns take vitals twice a day, urine and blood once a week. This place is well staffed and they certainly choose people who are passionate about this age-old healing approach, and treatment is custom tailored to a person's specific medical condition and goals. They have been in business twenty-five years and have NEVER lost a patient. What hospital has that kind of record?
My treatment is three days raw foods, two days juice and one day broth followed by a water only fasting period, to be determined by my desire to continue and the doctors approval to allow the fast to continue. I can choose to discontinue the fast at any time, since a positive attitude is critical to receive maximum benefits from any healing approach, especially a water fast. Then I spend half again as much time gradually re-feeding here at the center before I am released. This could take awhile.
While on some type of nutrition, I am free to come and go once I sign out. I almost 'check out', but that might imply something else entirely. Therefore, I chose to take a drive to Starbucks in Windsot, just a few miles north on hwy 101, sip a mint herbal tea and catch up on this blog for the benefit of my thousands of rabid fans who wait with baited breath the next article of declaration from this questionably enlightened, soon to be perhaps medically emancipated, individual.
Once on water-only - lockdown.
While at the center, there are lectures to attend if one feels like it along with videos to sign out and watch in your room if you wish. So much to learn, with the purpose of sending all patients home with the tools necessary to keep the tent of the soul and temple of the Spirit healthy.
This is going to be a great experience.
Really, though, why am I here for a blocked artery?
I read,'Fasting and Eating for Health', by Dr Joel Fuhrman, who practices in New Jersey. He has vast experience in natural and medicinal healing approaches with great success, especially in the area of reversing heart disease. He has seen complete blockages open up - ateries that have been blocked for YEARS. The greater the blockage, the greater the improvement. I can believe it, so I'm just going to have to experience it for myself. I have nothing to lose but weight, which I can regain if I want to. Weight is so easy to change when you know how. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment